Sunday 21 April 2013

Training for week beginning 15th April

Back to work this week which meant it was pretty tough to train. I managed to fit two weights sessions in focusing on strengthening the core and lower body. The long run for the weekend took place on Saturday instead of sunday. Wayne had decided that we would do a different loop of part of the Weaver trail. He said it would be a shorter run than normal so this relieved me. Instead of running 11 miles we ran 9, yep it was really short!! We called this the Weavers Entwistle loop

When we set off the weather was sunny but a little bit chilly. I had no idea what to expect from the run. It turned out to be a great run although I felt more tired than usual due to a poor night of sleep. The terrain varied from paths to fields to roads and hills. The scenery was amazing as you will be able to tell from the photos. It's runs like this that make me realise why I enjoy running.

 

 

 

The run time was 1hr 43mins which wasn't a great pace really but we don't want to go flat out and get injured at this stage. We discussed the next stage of our training and next week the plan is to go into half marathon territory. This is daunting as the furthest I have run is 12 miles. We are going to connect two of the loops of the Weaver trail. I'm nervous about it but confident that I can get through it. The gym work for the upcoming week will be focusing on endurance with plenty of stretching exercises.

I want to end this post by saying my thoughts and prayers are for those affected by the tragedy in Boston. Having read many posts by various runners it touched me at how strong this community is. I'm sure most runners this week dedicated their runs to the victims and the run I did on Saturday is for them. Gone but never forgotten.

Where is your favourite place to run?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment